Friday, January 06, 2006

Day 5 ~ Support groups!!

Yesterday I was suppose to have a "busy day..." Well I did the early morning Pilates and last night tackled Taebo.......... omgosh, what was I thinking?? I walked for about 10 minutes on the treadmill and then rode the bike for about 10 then thought, ok this is just boring me... So brilliant me thought I will do a workout tape... I looked at the 8 minute workout and felt like a wimp so did the full workout..By the time I lifted my wobbly legs for the last kick... I was sweating,groaning, and thinking that the never ending workout guy has some secret glee in knowing that some out of shape woman at home watching this and looking like a puppet on strings with legs flopping everywhere. OH, and the steps leading up from the basement where I have my "workout room" I am sure multiplied while I was in there!! I did sleep like a baby!!
Today... I am so excited.. Awoke to go down and walk for 25 minutes- 1 mile- ate protein this morning, and checked my email... Yesterday I went to 3fatchicks (just love the name, hehe) and posted a "does anyone want to make a 6 week commitment with me" in a Christian support thread....
So far I have met 5 wonderful women who are willing to help eachother out... Lift each other up in prayer, hold the other accountable, blog, or journal this experience and really open up to eachother!! I feel the presence of God all in this!!
You know....This is about stretching.... About growing.... About taking control over the flesh... Treating Gods temple with respect... Earlier I said in a email, that grow.. In my faith & discipline.... :-) hopefully I shrink in other areas during the process!!
I look forward to meeting, growing, praying and enduring with these fellow Christian warriors who are taking back what has been stolen from them!

For me.. I have a notecard with their names, prayer requests on it.. While I am working out, going thru my day I will be lifting these women before His throne in agreement with them. I KNOW that thru Christ we can do anything!

1 Comments:

Blogger MrsDawsondn said...

That is wonderful that you have found a support system. We all need them it helps so much and I totally agree with this whole journey being about more than just weightloss it is about growing and stretching and discipline. You have a great day I love the blog :D

Wednesday, January 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home