Monday, February 06, 2006

Last week for the 6 week

Today is day 6 of my veggie thing... I know one thing... I am not pleased with this veggie diet that they had me do... I can't wait to get back on ww schedule. True I lost a little bit more weight than I normally do during the week, but I feel tired, the cold came back and really feel like it messed with me. It really wasn't "hard" to do, just wired. I never like to quit anything and think I will stick to it for one more day, just because I know that quitting would be easy. Make sense? I have for years started something never to finish, and I am trying to break that cycle!
This weekend I stayed busy, did my billions of piles of laundry.... Think the neighbors are dropping theirs off when I am not looking. I cleaned, went to the doctor.. Got a cortisone shot in my wrist.OMGOSH...... If I wasn't paralyzed in pain from that huge needle moving around in my wrist and palm of hand, I would have uppercut the doctor! Him and the nurse kept hovering over me, I guess waiting for me to cry. I couldn't, couldn't breathe, think, or move.... Let alone cry! He said
"Now most need to lay down for a minute", which of course tough girl said "Oh, I'm fine" sat up and watched the wall start swirling in sickening motions. Gritting my teeth I sat straight and prayed I didn't do a nose dive off the bed onto the grinning nurse. Worse yet, her husband is a cop also who works with me... So I knew if I fainted that the whole department would hear within 2.5 minutes. Thankfully they left the room so I could lean against the wall before attempting to walk. My hand felt like someone was ripping my fingers out and thought.. "It hurts worse now than it did when I showed up" I was hoping this would help me, but now I am looking at surgery, probably by the end of the month. OH well~~ I know one thing I am not getting one of those shots again!
Enough whinnying..... Sorry!! :-)
Tomorrow is ww weigh in-------
OH, best news~~ I was sitting Saturday in a meeting and looked down at my lap.... Guess what I saw!! Baggy jeans poofin out! Normally its my fat poofin it out.. I sat there pulling on the extra jean near my zipper, of course nudging my teen girls next to me showing them, I couldn't stop looking at it and tugging on the zipper overlap part of my jeans, and pockets!! It wasn't til later that I realized how wired I must have seemed looking at my lap grinning messing with my pants and showing others my lap. What probably says even more about my personality is that no one was shocked, just grinned. I can't really remember what the meeting was about... But I was proud of my self for not standing up at testimony time and sharing my lap with the huge group of Christians. I couldn't help it, I just looked down again and tugged on my dress pants............ Now everyone's gonna look at their laps..You did, didn't you!! hehe
Well 5 more days after today............. I guess I will need to change my subject title..... Any ideas?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cringed at the descrption of the cortisone shot - I am so sorry you had to have that!
I'm veeery pleased to hear you're about off the veggie thing. I like my veggies, but I about freaked when I read you were eating green beans for breakfast that one day. Um, gross.
And by the end of this post I was laughing out loud at the sight of you smiling proudly at your own lap. Oh, too funny!

Monday, February 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home