Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sweatin to the re-packing of lights

Funny...... just a few weeks ago I faintly remember looking around my "Christmas't out" house thinking "OH, this is so pretty". Walking through every room, I would instantly turned on the lights to the numerous trees. I flipped switches to every animated trinket that wished me a "merry little Christmas." Lit candles of the seasons scent & plugged in potpourri pots with another blending fragrance making my house smell like a Yankee store. For weeks I went around humming cheery little songs....

NOW... only few weeks later......
I stare at the Christmas stuff wishing that I could hire someone to come and pack it all away. My trees look like too much work, my trinkets sit motionless for the most part. My youngest is my fearless one, who ignores my glares when he hits the annoying snow man blow up thing. Of course when I saw it in the store I had to have it, now threaten anyone who turns it on.
The boxes and tubs I stashed in the middle bedroom, loom waiting for me to sort through and pitch a lot of stuff I no longer use. Why I decided to wait til after Christmas? I have no clue. I should have chucked it when I pulled out what I wanted the first time thru the pile of Christmas pasts. I should call my mother and make her go thru it with me, seeing how she is the one that gave me all her old “no longer uses, but has been in the family for years” decorations. Hmmm. My daughter and son should experience the “Blessing” of the recycled Christmas decorations. ~~ Good idea!- I will take the tubs to their house so they can go thru them... like I did ... after a few years :-)

Do you remember Christmas EVER being like this when we were little?

I have to admit..... the ONLY thing I really don’t want to take down is my nativity scene... I still love to plug in the lights, I had placed under the burlap in which they rest.

I love seeing the scene not only with my eyes, but with my heart. Oh, how I wish I could have been there.

To hear His cry amongst the sounds of the animals, the happy laughter of His mother and Joseph.

To feel the warmth on my face from the star cutting through the night.

To turn and see the wise-men as they humbly carried their gifts for the King of Kings.

To hear the staff the Shepard’s carried, softly striking the ground as they moved closer.

To be blinded by tears as I fall to my knees before my Savior.

You know, One day.... I will see my Savior.. And just like my heart imagines , I will fall before my Lord blinded by tears to my knees.

I look at the nativity scene and long to go back for just one moment. To hold that baby born in such a humble place. But today, He holds me. Tell me..... How good is our God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home