Thursday, April 20, 2006

Christian like?? hmmmm

My goodness......... its been forever it seems since I have written! Looking at the date... it pretty much has been!
First.. I am @156 and have started working out every morning again. I had a minor set back last week but feel tons better now! Will go into it later...
Now.. Done with the “workout- weight stuff” :-) onto the “woooooo are you for real?” Another words, my life.

You know, I really was excited about my God given inspiration to transform one of our spare bedrooms into a comfortable study for my hubby. I drew out my plans, measured, even colored and strategically placed everything on my paint program, printed them & showed them to my oh so gracious husband. I decided to start it like I do everything I get in my little head...............
I ripped out the floor, tore thru the outdated room, and threw away more junk than humanly possible to shove in one room. I stood there all proud of my efficient destructive abilities and got another brilliant thought... “Hey why don’t I redo the other spare room while I am at it? “ Since of course I was moving out the tiny bed from room 2 and placing the bigger bed from room 1 (future study) into room 2. So off to room 2 I went, the boys tagging along behind me. I ignored their disgruntled looks for being made to “work” on their spring break.
So room 2 got the same careful treatment... I ripped everything out, stacked all save-able stuff in the middle on beautiful hard wood floors! A drop cloth, sheets (I knew 12 yr old batman sheets would come in handy again) and drug the boys to Lowe’s..

Like a military commander, I prattled off the list of needs, scrapers, brushes, rollers, pans, etc.. We separated at our designated meeting spot and began the hunt. I found the border I wanted (for room 2) paint that matched perfectly, and marched back to the juggling boys who tried to look annoyed. (They actually like it when I get in one of these “moods”) Without a word, ok maybe the usual “mom can I get some gum?, Mom where are we gonna eat, Mom are we gonna have to go anywhere else? Mom, can we go ride our bikes when we get done? Mom, can’t we go to best buy? How about we make a deal. ” Yada-yada-yada I do what I do best... raised one eyebrow and gave them “don’t mess with me” look to their million questions, and kept going. Funny- they haven’t learned in 15 yrs mom don’t do “deals”. Their a little slow, but cute.:-)

Back to the house, that @ 9 was perfectly clean now looked like a bomb had gone off. One teenager taped off, one painted the trim, while I rolled the ceiling. 2 coats later of ceiling and wall, I stood back and admired my masterpiece. I called my honey who burst my “hey guess what I did,” Martha Stewart moment by saying...... “Ahhh, did you forget that my mom & brother are coming up this weekend to stay for 3 days?” I gasped. Looking around I saw my haphazard tower in the middle of the floor covered in sheets, walls still wet to the touch, in room 2 and walked into room 1 seeing.......... nothing. Well besides the nail running boards that I kept for the new carpet, which I might add I haven’t picked out yet, let alone ordered! No beds in either “spare bedroom”. “OOOOOOh, I know honey, don’t worry, I got it under control” I made a face at the boys who suspiciously looked amused. “Ok, well gotta go!” Hanging up on the startled hubby, I turned in a circle ... why? Dunno, but seemed to help. kinda.

Drill sergeant in full mode boys & I yanked the bed from the hallway back into room 2- threatening them about touching the walls... swept and could do no more til walls dried. Hubby came home, house was clean again, and gave me dubious looks at my “everything is under control” statement, again.

Day 2.... We did Adopt A Block and rushed home. In the van I spat out orders who did what, where and picked up drive thru (yeah I know.. But hey McD’s is great for a hurry) After scarfing down food, we wet the boarder and all 3 of us got on kitchen chairs. The first piece went up without a problem....................... Yeah, the second strip....... we fought, struggled, swiped, held, pulled, didn’t pull, and it wouldn’t stick.. Standing on a chair with the boys on either side, my “Christian like” behavior disappeared. In one flash of an eye that stunned the two teens, I ripped the boarder that refused to work, wadded it up and thru it on the ground and stomped on it while shaking my fists in the air marching down the hallway. Yeah, me!
Its quite comical now as I see in my mind the stunned, mouth dropped look on the leery kids faces as mom did what my 15 yr old dubbed “mom’s, psycho moment” Which of course they have done their own repeat performance imitation for everyone! Very exaggerated I might say and seems to get more so as others laugh. :-(
Anyway, I did manage to get the rest up without too much more difficulty. The boys seem to think the border “knew better” than to not stick.
Room 2 is now complete........ Today they are putting a twin bed up in Room 1 when they get out of school.......
You know.............. How did I manage to go from remodeling room 1 to all that? Room 1 is still in demo phase......... and visitors will be here in 3 days. But room 2 looks great!

17 Comments:

Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I have soooooo done that! Almost any time I start a major project in the house or outside utility room (for utility room, read "good junk piled over head-high") I end up either fighting or giving in to what I call the "might-as-wells". You know, where once you start this, you "might as well" do that while you're at it. ;-)

Congrats on the one room, and good luck on getting it done before the company shows up. At least you have plenty of help, reluctant or not. Help is good, even if it's unwilling, LOL. :-)

I am so glad to see you posting again. I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong. :-)

Thursday, April 20, 2006  
Blogger Heather Smith said...

Hey, God began a good work in us when we were saved. It won't be complete until the "day of Jesus Christ." We're not finished yet, so we are all gonna have days like that!! I've had way more than my share!!
Oh, I've tagged you for a random meme. Check it out at http://heathersfunnythoughts.blogspot.com !

Friday, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pictures, corina! i want pictures! and maybe one of your psycho moment, too!

Saturday, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Woah. Go get'em, Corina. Martha Stewart's got nothin' on you!You are my new hero!

Monday, April 24, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Okay, I know I left a post here. I labored over it for hours...okay, maybe not hours. And it's not here and this is about the 3rd blog on which this has happened in the past week and I'm starting to worry that maybe my deodorant isn't working or something.

Anyway, it said something about how much in awe I am over your herculean decorating success.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you're busy. i just want you to know you're missed!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are you!!!????

Sunday, May 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are missed.

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not forgotten.

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm worried about you and what happened, and may need to google you to find out if your name has appeared in any obituaries.

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps i could convince you that not only are you missed and loved and all, but your unique prayer warrior-ess approach to the blogosphere is NEEDED. Huh? Did that get your attention in the least?

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you'll be interested in hearing that i'd love the opportunity to pray YOU through anything that you might find challenging...

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it the weight loss thing?

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you give up on CORE and gain a bunch of weight? because i don't care! you were always a WHOLE lot thinner than you thought anyway!

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope blogger emails you every time you get a comment!
HA!

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe i'll do this daily until your return!!

Friday, June 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm off to google the obits.

Friday, June 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home