Friday, December 15, 2006

My Christmas workout

Ok, so maybe I am not "dancing to the oldies", kicking it with "Taebo", or bouncing on my "core" ball, but I am definitely working out!
This time I am bouncing all over the place, kicking it with the oldies in a much more dangerous place than my living room....... I am in the thick of the MALL! Women with blue hair and shopping carts! Since when did they put carts in malls anyway? I know I hide from the mall most of the year but really! Who's bright idea was it to put a weapon in the hands of last minute mall shoppers?

The night before last I came straight home from work, got picked up by the most handsome man alive (my hubby) and went to the mall. 4 hours later, my hubby's wallet thinner, and my hands about to rip off from the bags (no carts available- of course)and looking like a well fed pack mule (still need to lose about 20 lbs!).... I limped towards the light. The street light that is, underwhich we parked our truck.
Unloading my purple hands I pried myself up the 15 feet (felt like it) into my husbands "toy".. Ford truck, yellow & white with red pin stripe (actually looks really cool-- everyone always stares and comes up to it wherever we go.. I think its pretty, but men do that grunt thing, so must be a "manly" truck), chromed out wheel wells, and of course with a lift kit (15 feet-- ok maybe not that high, but when walking in heels for 4 hours dodging blue tanks on squeaky wheels, jogging behind someone who's stride is twice yours.. It FEELS 15ft!) OH, lets not forget the "Dukes of Hazard" horn. Did I ever mention my hubby is a kid trapped in a big body?

Anyway, I sighed as I sat elevated over all the other vehicles on my way finally home..Normally I use my children's strong arms to unload, but forgot I couldn't since it was for them that I battled the crazies that night! Do they even know the torcher we go thru for them? I am reminded why last year I said "Oh, just grow into them" when they said their pants were too big! I must have still been in the recovery stage from the "mall battleground"
So my hubby and I once again piled them on and squeezed thru the doorway. I was so thankful to be home!

I have to admit... I am one of the "weird" people who LOVE to wrap. I even have been known to go to my moms and wrap my own presents... Which she tapes shut with enough tape to hold together santas sleigh! Hmmm. She does know me.... I can not HELP but to snoop every year.. don't tell her but I still do! hehe!!

Anyway, back to my Happy Holiday workout saga..... I thought... "hmmm I will kick back, relax, wrap to my hearts content, and put enough ribbon on each present to make my kids pass around the pocket knife. (family tradition which they all moan about~ but secretly love) So on the floor I went, with piles of presents on one side, and my leftover wrapping paper from last year on the other. My husband supervised from the couch during the commercials and tormented me with the empty wrapping paper rolls when I stupidly placed them within his arms reach. A typical year.

I was dancing, while sitting, to the Christmas music in my head ignoring the "on guard" of my pirate husband, bent over farther than my gut will allow, color coordinating the perfect ribbons for each package when I tried to get up. Lets just say my hubby about made it on one of his favorite TV show "cops" when he started laughing at my hunched over creaking body while dodging his "sword". Hmmm, "Man beaten with tube from Christmas wrapping paper... Wife found "decorating" him with matching ribbon." Had a nice ring to it in my head at the time. He must have sensed it, because he said "come here sexy, give me a kiss" and laid his torment toy down..... Of course he knows I would forget what I was mad about after that statement!
So he didn't make it on cops yet.
but we are not done shopping either, or wrapping............

My workout......... I am thinking doing the "old" workout was much easier on this well fed body!
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS~ enjoy Christ's birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home