Monday, August 21, 2006

Oh, my gosh

Wednesday I was up and at em! First day on 4 to midnights, so plenty of time to workout in the morning! I cleaned, did laundry, picked up things, drank gourmet coffee and pulled out my dusty ab belt and popped in my "walk away the pounds- for abs" DVD. I was feeling frisky so put on the 3 mile (45 minute power walk with stunts)***Stunts~ the word is used because, with me and my OH so coordinated butt, they are nothing less dangerous than "stunts"
So off I went, walking, well.....Nowhere. I have noticed before the whole walking, breathing and moving my arms in rhythm with the robo chick on TV......Well, falls short. Wednesday was no exception. A couple times I tripped (yes walking in place)and for some reason my mind doesn't quite grasp that I should let go of the strappy thing I am holding on to while doing the "push the ceiling girls" move. So I about put my handles thru the big screen TV. Sim would be a little upset, so I moved back a few steps.
~~~Word of warning~~~
Don't ever exercise in a living room, doing arm stretches overhead with handle thingy's ........Under a ceiling fan. Especially if you only have 8ft ceilings! Yeah another thing I found out the hard way! Luckily I have the blessed 1 ft space infront of the arm chair that I can stand so I stay out of the ceiling fan .. If only I could remember that 2.5 miles into it when she says.. "Ok girls 2 steps forward, reach; two steps back." Oh well, I need to get my fingernails repainted anyway.
After my 3 mile "I am she-warrior" I decided to do my 45 minute "Ab blaster" on the CORE DVD. Never tried it before.... NOT PRETTY. They have one move where you are laying on the ball and have to do sit ups on it... ok not too bad, little wobbly but woooo the next one you have to angle your body and do them with a twist.. YEAH right!! Good thing my couches are on both sides because when I shot up with the "mean it" crunch my ball took off like a bean from a pea shooter! I ended up half way on my couch and the other half stuck between the ball and the love seat!
Thankfully the rest of the work out was done on the floor.
My stomach was screaming and I had forgot to pee between the 2, 45 minute workout tapes... So the last 15 minutes had me sucking in my belly button to my spine (that's A LOT of sucking in too!) and doing the bladder control clinch. I figured I had come so far and didn't want to stop... Plus the thought of using my abs to sit up then get back down afterwards left me in fear. Not smart move I know... But thankfully no one was in the hallway after the "cool down" because I looked like a duck walking football player running down that hallway! And you wonder why I don't go to gyms!
Thursday: (had to work til 4 am on overtime! So woke up late) Only did the 1 mile walk and CORE: didn't fall off the ball and stood in my 1 foot safety spot in the living room... Only scratched my fingernail paint once, and made sure I went to the bathroom between DVD's.
Friday: (no overtime last night!!) Had things I had to do plus go meet my handsome hubby so did the 1 mile and CORE.
~~ OH, my gosh.... My abs were screaming Friday night at work! Had to jump out of the car real quick and about buckled over! I am thinking my flabby belly is in shock from the 3 days of ab workout. By the end of the night I was like a little old person moaning each time I had to get in or out of the car!
Did my measurements Wen morning... Forgot to type them in.. Will next time!
~~Personal goal(still).... Shrink in size & Grow in Christ!
Size on this blog..... Grow on Women of Living water blog~ newly updated too!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the way you blog - with desciptions of real live physical comedy - is so wonderful. no one else blogs like you do corina - so don't go away again!

way to get back ... on ... the.. ball...! :D

Monday, August 21, 2006  
Blogger Tina said...

That was great...now I don't feel so alone when I excercise! :)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi! I'm Rebecca. Obviously, I got here through HM.

Glad to meet someone else who proudly hangs on her handsome hubby.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006  
Blogger Beck said...

Ah, great. We should exercise together, since that's how my workouts normally go, too! You're too funny!

Thursday, August 24, 2006  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

You make exercise sound fun! "Shrink in Size--Grow in Christ!" Love it!

Diane

Thursday, August 24, 2006  
Blogger Stacey said...

Wow, what a fun few days you had! I know what you mean about shrinking in size and growing in Christ! I'm trying to get rid of some extra pounds and inches right now, too! I'll say a special prayer for you today : )

Thursday, August 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! where ya been? don't go away on us again!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home