Tuesday, February 07, 2006

NO more Veggies please!

Well... Yesterday I did my big..."I don't want to quit" speech.... Today I couldn't take no more!! I will finish my soup for the rest of the week... But today I was suppose to eat brown rice and veggies all day........ I just COULDN'T do it! I am :-( a quitter......... :-) a quitter who just enjoyed my usual "before stupid cabbage soup diet" 2 ww tst w/pnut butter....... Man you would have thought I ate a box of poptarts as happy as I was!! Today I am having baked Chicken breast, grapes, 10 carrots (Ok, so I still am having veggies)for lunch and mid afternoon snack..... I am a happy dieter!!
This morning I worked out.. Did my AB mile with Leslie Sansone... Now mind you.. I have been sick..... So my brain is not working correctly.... I go down there, pop in the DVD grab my AB belt and strap it around my waist.... I start the morning stretch warmup... And notice that I forgot to put on my shoes....... To lazy and sicky feeling to care I keep going... I am walking, moving into power walk, blowing my nose and chugging nice ice cold water down my sore throat.... We move into the upper body part and are told to grab the handles "loosely" sucking my belly in I grab the handles that are shoved in between the belt and my Future flat stomach.. My legs are pumping, making the shadow on the wall look like some wired string puppet show.... Mrs bubbly says now push out.......... WELL...... I am not sure how it quite happened... But I pushed equally on the handles that are attached to stretchy cord that is attached to the back of the belt... What I seemed to forget this morning was to center up the belt.... Needless to say my left arm shot out and my right arm yanked about 6 inches.. Twisting the upper part of me.... From my ears being stuffy, my balance is already off..... My brain obviously was not quick enough to figure out that my legs needed to quit pumping so I ended up almost falling. Luckily I somehow twisted the bands back around, caught my balance and was impressed that I never missed a step. It was not pretty. You know..... After that moment I had the terrible realization that if I was to knock myself out down there, no one would know... Sim would just leave thinking he finally snuck past the morning breath "wild woman" who catches him as he tries to leaving in the morning.... The kids would have just got ready for school and left (since they get up to alarm after I leave), that night they wouldn't think to look for me down stairs..... It could take days!! Not a good thought!! Especially me.... Gracie! A nick name my husband lovenly gave me after I feel down the balcony steps at a crowded pastors appreciation seminar. I think I need one of those Med-alerts.. That thing older people wear around their necks in case they have fallen and can't get up....

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Smith said...

Hmmm...your excercise abilities sound about like mine. Coordination is not my thing. I'd definitely never make it as a gymnast or a dancer! Oh well, guess thats why God gave me the brain of a writer!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no way you'd be missing for days. I'd come find you personally. Gracie. Hee Hee.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Corina Bowen said...

Heather~ You too have extra insurance? My husband keeps asking if I got my life insurance switched over yet.... His concern started when I began this crazy workout thing!!

Holymama~ Thanks!! Your a brave woman to venture anywhere close to my family!! Whatever you do, don't let them know you can cook or they might keep you!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home