Friday, February 10, 2006

FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!! Rambo Girl strikes!

This morning my "bright" idea was to do the "Super burn" workout DVD.......After about 3 minutes (once warmup was over) I was thinking that I must have had too much cold medicine again! OMGOSH! I have been working out Mon-Sat for 40 days... I should be able to do one simple exercise thing without problems right? (Do you hear the Rocky music?) I should be lean, mean (well got that part down),exercise machine........... Run steps without panting, jog thru a parking lot without wheezing, jump land bombs that my neighbors dogs leave on my yard, and sing at the top of my lungs while doing it all......... NOT! Instead my arms were trembling making little flabby ripples as I over-n-over lift them above my head.... "8 more people".... My hips that are supposedly "nice and warmed up feeling loose and powerful" are making some strange popping noise as I do the MILLION knee lifts.. Maybe its not so loose and warm because I HAVE A WHOLE LOT MORE for the "warm blood flow" to go thru!! 5:55 this morning I hear "Pump it up walkers! Lift those legs in powerful brisk pace....10 seconds later.. (when I am still trying to figure out if I am as fast as robo girl)she says come on.. Bump it up even more..." My legs are pumping, my arms are looking like some sickly bird flapping, and I resemble some sort of wildly dying chicken as my pony tail up on top of my head flops around until its got a good cockeyed position. WHY OH WHY did I get that STUPID idea of putting a huge mirror in this room, propped against the wall? I knew I wouldn't be able to NOT look and think "AGAD, if someone saw me right now they would shoot first and call the zoo later!"
Determined not to give in, I look straight ahead at the TV and do the stupidest thing... I try to keep, ok change... My rhythm to match theirs.. It reaaaaaaaally shouldn't be that hard, right.... I stumble a few times trying to lift my knee during this power Rambo walk just when they do....... So I know I am going as fast as pyscho girl(which I have come to call her)is wanting me to go.... Why I try to keep in perfect harmony with them every morning at least a million times during the workout... I don't know... I don't even have rhythm in church to clap. I try.. I watch others.. Try to smack my hands together when everyone else does.... But before I know it, I am off beat, then others get off beat........ And the looks begin :-) The bass player really gets messed up... So far no one has asked me NOT to clap.. My hubby...he doesn't help.... He will hear me get off beat and then purposely clap between the others to reeeeeeeeally mess me up. And grin at me saying "Come on Gracie, focus"
Anyway.... With this multiple movements tape... I should just be happy that I am not falling over anymore. Which I haven't in a few days.. Well not counting me tripping up the stairs I did the other day. That's what I get for running up stairs in socks though......
Let me tell you.............. I was soooooooo glad to hear "ok, lets cool down." this morning... I resisted the urge to cool down while collapsing on the floor.
Tomorrow I am sleeping in......... Well later than I do during the week.... Tomorrow is Saturday.... So I will get up.. Get ready go do Adopt A Block (which I LOVE!!) go to our new outreach ministry building that we got donated to us and start cleaning out the sanctuary!! It is mess..... And will need lots of elbow grease.. But we have 2 different colleges taking on this project as their year assignment.. And all of us servants.. So Gods outreach house will be opened soon!! I will have pics on our www.changinglivesnow.org site soon.. Will make sure I post when we do!
I know that tomorrow I am gonna get a great workout.... Cleaning, tearing stuff out, and praising God!! Gonna get a physical and a spiritual workout!! PRAISE GOD!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did all of that AND posted that by 5:32 AM?! OH MY!

Friday, February 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait - what kind of a name are we supposed to come up with? New fitness oriented blog name, maybe?

Friday, February 10, 2006  
Blogger Corina Bowen said...

I can figure out the time thing on here!! it was 7:55 when I posted... I have noooooo clue how to get me in my time zone!
OH, yeah about the name-- something other than 42 days!! hehe

Friday, February 10, 2006  
Blogger Elozia Marie said...

WTG! I'm loving your blogs :)

Saturday, February 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your nominations over at One Woman's World! So deserved, girl!

Saturday, February 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home