Monday, April 03, 2006

But-----But its DARK!!

This morning I woke up to “Hey you want up to workout?” I barely lifted my head to look blurry eyed at my hubby, looking all gorgeous like and mumbled a quick “no” I don’t remember nothing after that. I think I fell back to sleep before my head even plopped back down on my super comfy pillow. 45 minutes later I jumped out of bed when I heard “bye”. It was still dark! What is wrong with this picture?
The morning was in a sleepy haze.... I know I took a shower, but can’t really remember it. I know I got ready, but don’t remember that either! I think I realized I was up and out of bed when I hit the parking lot here at work. So the drive was on auto pilot. Ever had a morning like that? When you wake up at your destination and think... “Dang how did I get here?”
Anyway........... This weekend........... WONDERFUL!! Man did I have church! Friday I picked up one of my teen girls~Brittany-17 and we went to Youth Adopt A Block. Afterwards we went out to eat, and had church in the restaurant. OH– I have to share this... She will probably kill me.......... but it is too funny not to share.. Ok- Brit and I went to Meijers afterwards and it started storming. She I guess is scared of lightening.. She said, “lets wait til it lightening again then we will run for it.” I said, “Na lets just go for it.” She looked over completely serious and said “but I have metal glasses on!” I sat there staring at her as she kept looking out all the windows towards the sky. I started laughing. She turned and frowned “Corina I am serious! I have metallic toenail polish on too!” At that I was hugging my steering wheel laughing and saying “Omygosh, I can see it now “Girl struck my lightening on her toenails!” She laughed, I laughed and finally I talked her and her glasses/metallic toenails out of the van. As soon as she stepped around the back of the van lightening streaked across the sky. I have NEVER seen someone scream, jump and run at the same time. I know we looked like a wild bunch as she let out a blood curling scream and was nothing but a blonde streak, and me running, laughing in high heels behind her.
Saturday we got up went to regular AAB and we were quite a team.. Got 9 people signed up for the Ladies Day Make over that our ministry does every year. After that, we went out to eat again– nasty food that I didn’t eat, went shopping for my “new” living room. I bought pictures, shelves, a mirror thing, and some way too cute fence lantern thing to sit next to my door. A friend of mine from Celina drove 2 ½ hours to come up and hang out with us. We sat on my living room floor til 1:30 in the morning having church. We cried, we laughed, we shared, we felt God all up in that place! The presence of God was so thick that it wouldn’t have shocked me to turn and see him sitting up on the couch behind me! In the wee hours of the morning she left to drive all the way home. She is probably the most anointed woman I have ever known.
SUNDAY~~ My handsome honey came home. I got a beep on my nextel at 8:15 saying “where are you at?” I looked at the clock........................... and remembered. OMGOSH I had forgot to change the clocks! I stood there with my hair crazy in my pjs and said I am leaving in 15 minutes! I yelled for Brit who ran out into the hallway, I tried not to laugh at the sight. She had twisted shirt she was still trying to tug on, care bear pj bottoms and some fluffy funky looking slipper socks... She was in the process of putting on makeup I guess because one eye had makeup all done up and the other looked completely bare. I shouted its 9:15! And she jumped, did a little circle thing and said “Omygosh, omygosh!” Frantic we both ran back to our rooms. Somehow............. by the Grace of a wonderful father.. I left in 15 minutes dressed, makeup on and hair pulled back. Brittany did her makeup on the way, and I whipped in and out of streets picking up all the kids who were now calling me saying “did you forget me?” Me ~ Brit and about 9 more pulled into the full parking lot. I made it on time! I had prayed “Lord, hold time for me again!” And He did!
I will have to put all the stuff that happened with Sim and his group of men in my other blog....... I will type it up tonight. You would NOT believe our church last night! I have never seen the Holy Spirit fall in that place like that! This whole weekend was like a daughter hanging out with her father~~ and Sunday– wooooooooooo did he bless me!

OH :-) You knew I had to do it....................... Here is my Easter tree!


And staying in the little subtle messages... here is my shelf. Notice on the top next to my duck the armor? That Is my Armor of God I leave out all year... Every time I look at it I am reminded how important it is to put it on!..... that little duck and sheep is another little message.. Well at least the sheep is... I bought one for me and Carol at work.. Because we are God’s sheep. On the third shelf in the corner is a metal cross with Christ in front of it.. My hubby’s shop made them to pass out.. When the light hits it, the shadow (remembrance) shows Christ perfectly on the cross behind him... but the truth is................. He is off the Cross! Praise God!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Smith said...

Glad you had a good weekend! God is so awesome! Glad you're spreading the light for Jesus! Have a good week!

Monday, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Corina,
I have to know............Is that chocolate eggs in front of the little crate with the bunny? I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the foil wrapped chocolate eggs, LOL. :)

It is good that you try to subtly influence your fellow workers for Christ. God is using you there. :)

Monday, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Woah! Between the lightening and running late, that just about wore me out.

Thursday, April 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

corina, i think you 'have church' in every single get together!

i feel it in every email, every blog post. i love that about ya!

Sunday, April 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home