Friday, March 31, 2006

Peace & Quiet


First thing: I forgot to tell you I lost .6 lbs....... How? dunno! But sure was happy girl!

This morning I didn’t get to work out— with a video..... instead I was up ironing, organizing and packing snacks for the men’s big adventure. All the men are going to “Full Gospel Men’s Advance”– They like to say that men “advance” and women “retreat”. So this morning, my heart rate was elevated, my breathing short and my nerves pulled taunt.... Until dropping the last of the men off!
Leslie Sansone (Walk away the pounds lady) would have swooned at the high intensity of my morning. 20 guys:Sim, all the men from the mens home, men from the church, and my 2 boys are all driving into the sunset to a Grand Adventure of the Holy Spirit this weekend. Leaving behind a frazzled , tired and oh so hungry mom and wife for quiet.
I am going to use this time to pour myself into Gods word.. To sit in silence and really hear Him. To have a calm heart, spirit and mind in a state of worship. I am so desperately in need of this. To be alone with God. To seek HIS face. To forget for a moment all the responsibilities of my life and focus on Him.
Last year, I was fighting jealousy when the men got back after the 2005 Advance.. They told with excitement all the stuff that was taught on, the amazing prayers, the worship, the presence of God so thick that men were crying, laughing and being set free. Some that came back with this fresh fire, were normally reserved and quiet. But as I watched them come to life, and passion in their words I was envious. I fought that last year for a day or two. But as I watched the change in these men grow and grow after that weekend, I was joyful for them. This year, I have been praying that this year blows their socks off like never before. All of them that went last year are going again, with about 10 new ones! I can’t wait to hear all about it!
This weekend................. I will be about my fathers business.............I will be basting in the loving presence of my Lord. Sitting at His feet, listening, learning, and worshiping her Master.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Good for them, and good for you, Corina!
You know, when you said the men were going for an Advance, I figured you were going to go on about shopping, meeting friends, and just generally chilling by yourself for a change.

I should be ashamed that it never even occurred to me to use that time alone to fellowship and grow closer to the Lord.
Thanks for opening my eyes to that. I need some of that time, myself.

Thanks for fixing the link, too. I appreciate it. :)

I'm like Faith, I want details!! Both from you, and about the men. :)

Friday, March 31, 2006  
Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Hi Corina! We used to go to a church that called all the 'retreats', 'advances', you know, because we shouldn't be retreating, but advancing. ahem. Anyway, it was a nondenom. church so I thought the pastor had made it up :-) Now I know better!

Have a fabulous weekend with Our Father!

Friday, March 31, 2006  
Blogger MrsDawsondn said...

Amen! Nothing like just sitting at his feet and listening and worshipping him. I love it.

Monday, April 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home