Monday, April 10, 2006

Weekend workout

OMGOSH-- my respect level for all you moms of babies is now on the Academy Award Level!! I had a 4 month old all weekend and gesh did I get a workout... ww watch out tomorrow!
If I did not lose 40lbs running back and forth to the fridge for bottles at all hours of the day & NIGHT, I surely lost them in one arm and leg as I bounced and patted till the tingling was overcome by dead weight. And I survived this with my kids? I must have blocked those moments out of my memory. Either that or my babies were oddly silent children...... Well if you met them now you would know that was a whooper! :-)
Little "Screamer" was brought to me Friday and I returned her this morning...
Actually I had a blast! She is the CUTEST thing and has the sweetest, perfect features. Red hair and big blue eyes. She LOVES her "Aunt" Corina too! A plus in my book! Seeing how her older sister didn't want to really come since Sim and the boys weren't gonna be there! And she is only 4! That’s good though, because mom and dad needed a break from "Screamer" and I figured that the 4 yr old should have some one on one time with them... seeing how she hasn't had any in 4 months.
I miss her. It's weird how much MORE patience I have now.. My house is a mess, I didn't cook all weekend, and did nothing of "importance" in my home..... except love on that little baby. She went to AAB with me.. LOVED IT! She loved church and laughed at the kids.
You know... I got thinking about all that... neither one of their parents go to church.. follow God... Maybe that is why this "Aunt"(friend from work's kids, that I have sorta adopted in the past 4 yrs)is in their lives.... the 4 yr old LOVES going to church with SIM, and makes sure her parents hear ALL about the stuff she made. Hmmmmm.. God you are so good... I am starting to see your plan. Its more than this "momma" heart that you gave me...
" Right NOW I am praying that their parents will come to know YOU.. Serve YOU, thru the innocent mouths of babes! That their hearts will break wide open, and follow Your lead in raising these two beautiful girls. That these girls will always know that they have one "Your so funny" Aunt Corina that loves them, prays for them and believes that God has a purpose for them!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Amen!

And yeah, raising babies is a lot like childbirth, I've decided. Once it's over with and a little time passes, you sort of forget all the gorey details. I got my shocking reminder when I had my sister's 9-month-old twins here for two weeks over the holidays. Oy-vay!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll pray with ya!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home