Thursday, February 23, 2006

Can you say ......... BAD??

OK- OK I did it.......... Yesterday I sat all innocent like in my office..... Checking my email..... Minding my OWN business, when I saw it....My head snapped up, my eyes followed the suspicious looking basket. Unable to help myself, I followed along with my "fellow partner in eating crime" behind my my boss carrying a covered basket, handful of forks, and little plates.. With out a word spoken Carol and I grinned at eachother as we trailed behind him like two begging puppies. Now see... The scoop is, My bosses wife is about the best baker I have ever known. She too is on some weight loss thing, why I have NO IDEA.. From what I've seen she is about the size of "skinny chick" from ww meetings. I am not sure why she would bake a double layer chocolate on chocolate cake.... But I sure wasn't complaining once I took a bite into it! In my mind, I calculated the points... I get 35 freebies a week... To be used all at once or throughout the week. Normally I don't use them..... Well yesterday in the one tiny slice of cake I probably used half....... OK- OK another confession... Let me say first "Carol made me do it", after lunch she looked at me and grinned, pulling out her hidden plate of another "tiny" sliver of cake. I did it. I went back and got another "little sliver".... Again I was instantly in chocolate heaven. I really hope the Lord has chocolate cake up there! Anyway.. I ate good for supper, just little bit of chicken and lots of veggies.
On to today.....
this morning, I wanted to hit the snooze button and tried. Something was wrong with the alarm clock, and I figured it was a gentle "no, get up" from the Lord... So grumply I got up, knowing if I didn't the alarm clock wouldn't work and I would then oversleep. I got up, did the "walk away the pounds" dvd, to mix things up a bit. Got ready(had to wear dress clothes instead of uniform) so it ended up taking longer... I left just in time. SO........... If I would have hit that snooze I would have been late! Praise God... He takes care of this grumpy, sleepy, scary looking NON- morning chubby chick! Pretty bad when even God thinks "No, flabby girl you get up and go work out!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you ate that cake. I've been scared of your superhuman willpower, and it makes me happy that you are taking your 35 points, which hello? Usually don't use? THat's chocolate down the drain!
ps 'bout time to quit with the 'chubby girl' references, right? How about "Fine and Fit," or "Toned Temptress?"

Thursday, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Corina Bowen said...

Good point!! Don't tell the women at the meeting, that I don't use them!! They are dangerous! My husband made the mistake of saying he usually have points left over and they gave HIM a dirty look!! Oh, it didn't last long once he started joking around with them.... But if they found out I don't use my 35 extra.. I am sure something dreadful would happen to me!~~ For the sake of my safety... I may need to start eating more chocolate.. I am liking this preventative plan!! Thanks!

Friday, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home