Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pride comes before the fall...........

You know...... I have heard a million times in sermons, tapes, books and teachings about pride... How dangerous it is. I always thought, "hmm, I am the least prideful person." I don't think I am any better than anyone else, I know that I am just like that Samaritan woman who has a horrid past (maybe not the 5 husbands part- but still a past) who came to the well... Found living water, and now has only a thirst for more of Christ. SO-- this whole pride thing was "for someone else" right? WELL let me tell you what happen Saturday! We had our Adopt A Block Sweetheart Banquet... Every year we bring all the people we meet from the street.. The couples, bring them together, feed them a wonderful candlelit dinner, play the "NOT so newlywed Game" (which usually gets the men in trouble), have skits, and Minister the Word. This year on Love. Real love. Anyway.... That was all great, highly anointed and just amazing... The problem...........
OK, somehow, some delusional person thought... We will put Corina up on the stage and do the skits... ONE was ok-- it went as planned.. Was fun and funny........ The other one...... OMGOSH! Let me paint a picture... "Called the Robot"- First let me sing/type the song we had to sing.."If I were not upon a stage some place I would rather be.." First person stepped out and said "A cop I would be" then pushed his hand out "Stop" then swung it over to the left "Get back on the sidewalk".. The song went again, next person would come out "A gym teacher I would be" did the "one two, one, two" squatting then standing up.. On the second beat the cop would come back and do his, timed where when she bent, he had his arm swung over her head.. So on and so on... There were 5 of us.......... And guess who was at the end..... YEAH .. Me~ Gracie. Here we all are, going up and down, arms flying over each others heads, timed perfectly... Well until my uncoordinated butt and out of shape legs (NOTICE** here is where the pride comes in)give out. I can't get up, then can't get down, which makes the "Carpenter" next to me get off beat, which in turn gets the painter off, then gym teacher, but the cop is going strong, which bonks the other... Another words........... We looked like a jumble of monkeys on speed trying to catch up, slow down, laughing which made it even worse. Did I mention I had to do 20 of those squats each time we did the skit? & we had to practice a billion times! They are lucky I didn't pass out! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING TO ASK ME TO DO THIS?????? We have already determined that I can't even clap in rhythm!**And MY part is suppose to keep the rhythm for the whole line!! OK NOT the wisest choice obviously!** Next year I will be lucky to get invited to watch the skit.
OK-- back to the pride... Here I was "Mrs, I am the terminator workout queen of all Springfield" and was oooooooh so feeling good about my progress..... Well...... Sunday I had to hold onto the top of my sons head (perfect level) to get down the steps without my screaming thighs giving out.. or just rolling down (which I seriously contiplated doing after a few painful moments) And today, I am still falling onto chairs so I don't have to squat to get into them.. Yeah, low toilets are now my enemy. So pride before the fall? Today I am living proof.. Maybe not what HE meant entirely... But LORD, I get the point... Lesson learned. Please heal this dumb sheep, save her from herself....... Again.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love you. Really, I do. Who else can describe these things the way you do? It sounds like a really funny skit, too, made even funnier by the way it turned out! It sounds like you've gotten extra workouts in preparation for that banquet!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006  
Blogger MrsDawsondn said...

LOL I love this! And yes I know the feeling ALL too well about the squats but no pain no gain right? LOL lesson well learned and I'm sure the Lord understood that it wasn't you motive to have pride.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006  
Blogger Corina Bowen said...

LOL-- you both are too sweet! I am happy to say today I am not walking like a bull rider any longer. I am standing vertical and my legs are again making the swishing sound as they rub together when I walk. Praise the Lord! (well kinda-- could do with out the xtra on the thighs rubbing together) I will get a pic from Sim to post on here... which reminds me I need to get my daughter to email me that pic!

Thursday, February 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the topic of pride before the fall... (and it turns out your blog is the perfect place to describe this!)

On the way to church Sunday morning Mike made fun of a poor motorist who had been pulled over. Instead of pulling out of the way, she'd angled off on a major road, and was causing unnecessary disruption to traffic flow. He asked, 'why would you DO that?' I explained that the adrenaline and fear of being pulled over can be tough, and cause someone to do something like that. After all, it's not like we all get as much practice at proper 'pulling over' procedures as he does. (he gets ticketed frequently for speeding. I hadn't been 'pulled over' in at least 7 years). I added that of course he would be better at it than most.
Snotty? Yeah. But funny, too. That night was the night I got my ticket. Oops!

Thursday, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Corina Bowen said...

LOL!! I am sorry I had to giggle, I could just picture you sitting there looking over at your hubby saying all this with a little smirk on your face!! Then could see you rolling down your window thinking "why oh why did I have go and open my mouth?" LOL!! Doesn't He have a sense of humor?

Friday, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home