Friday, February 24, 2006

Ironing out a workout

This morning Sim woke me up earlier so I could iron our clothes for tonight's banquet. Now before I get everyone thinking he just woke me up to do this.... Let me explain. I ASKED him last night to wake me up so that I didn't have to stay up late last night to do it.... Sounded good last night! Trust me, the man has a healthy fear of waking me and wouldn't attempt a wakeup without knowing I wanted up. I have been known to sling covers, look at the alarm clock and freak out if I have been stirred from my slumber even 5 minutes before I planned to get up. I think God even had this in His mind when I had my babies.... They both slept thru the night as soon as they came from the hospital! I am serious.. They went to bed around 11 and would not wake til around 7! Anyway.. I have even hung up on people if they call before my alarm goes off. I KNOW that is soooooooooooo not Christian like... And maybe that is why God has been getting my grumpy butt out of bed 45 minutes early to workout since January. :-(
Anyway-- I sometimes, I think, I think weird. I stood there ironing the clothes wondering.... Can I do my walk away the pounds while doing this? But figured it would hurt hitting my knee on the table, and I would look like a complete fool should Sim walk in. Not that he doesn't already have his suspicions about that. I Conti plated just taking them to the dry cleaners while I was at work but figured, why pay money when I am already up? So 2 shirts later, 1 pair of slacks I stood staring at the clock wondering if I wanted to workout for the 30 minutes I had before I had to be in the shower... Or if I wanted to curl back up in bed...
Soooooo, I then stood before the bed... It looked heavenly.. It HAD to be God who led me to my workout clothes, my tennies and that ridiculous looking ab belt. In the living room, not really caring if my oldest son in the room below me got rudely awaken to my "come on girls lets power walk" right above his head. (Part of that grumpy "if I have to be awake, everyone should be awake") So for the next 30 minutes I pumped my legs, did kick backs, squats (which I am now recovered from),stretches with the ab belt, and wondered when exactly God had done what I had prayed for Him to do. I remember praying "God my will is yours, change, fix, do whatever YOU want in my life, every part of it." From a tape I heard, which made sense when I thought about it... "Lord I give you permission, complete surrender of my will to do whatever you have planned. To never take back the control of my will.. I turn the helm over to you... To steer, to lead, to use however YOU see fit." I thought for a moment "permission?" geesh that sounds awful full of ourselves... But something they said made it make sense.....God says in His word that he will not go against the will of man... He can't. Because His word is the same yesterday and today... So if He said it, that's the way it is...Its law. BUT by giving permission..... By saying, I never want to take it back... He has complete and free access! I think of a car. If someone takes it and uses it, without permission, that's against the law........ But if I give that permission to have it, do what they want with it..... Its theirs! They have complete access to it! To do what they want with it.. To drive it anywhere- fast or slow, to keep it clean or let it go dirty, to keep it up with gas, oil and all the other necessary stuff... But think about it... What is GOD gonna do with it? He will keep it tuned up, full of gas to be ready to go a long distance if necessary, oil changed~ to keep it running smoothly and healthy, clean because its HIS~ He wants it to be spotless, He will be careful with it... Use it for what it is meant for... To take people from where they were to where they need to be.
By praying that prayer a time ago.... I realized this morning that I might need to do some stuff I wouldn't exactly pick first on my list of favorite things to do... But that's ok... There must be a reason he has my "soon to be fit butt" (hehe- Holymama)up and moving before my mind even knows what's going on. I am excited to see what He has planned... Why the bootcamp now? I wonder? To get me healthy? To get endurance? To get discipline? To get obedience? I think is all the above.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Corina! Guess what I'm about to do? Shut off the computer for awhile and pray about a certain 'will' of mine.

Friday, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Corina Bowen said...

that is awesome! I will add that to my morning prayer for you and your family!!

Monday, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home