Monday, February 27, 2006

The spy...

This weekend was great! Friday we went to a dinner where some NFL football player spoke on "what it really means to be a man" :-)~~ my hubby of course knew who this guy was... I had no clue. I ended up making a blunder when describing this man by saying he played then coached for a certain team... Well the team I said was not football but baseball.... Same difference right? I guess not. Anyway.. he was good and really impacted the men and women in the room, regardless what team he did or didn't play on! We had a awesome Saturday morning "pump up" before going out to do Adopt A Block... Really got the chance to be Christs hands and feet this weekend! Too Cool. Sunday we had a evangelist who "told it how it is".. :-) none of that "oops don't step on so and so's toes".. Great thing about pastors that don't know anyone and can leave afterwards! He really got me taking notes, thinking about some of my less than favorable actions and thoughts!
I ate good all weekend.. Feel healthy and energize! This morning I woke up later than normal.. I am sure he forgot to wake me before getting in the shower... Now that I think about it, he never answered me when I asked him.... hmmmm. I was doing my shorter version of walk away the pounds, knowing I really didn't have the time. Half thru I felt eyes........... Now normally I am in the basement.... But this morning I was upstairs in the living room. OK, now you all know what I look like.. I have described it before... Well today I didn't look any better.. Actually probably worse seeing how I didn't take off my makeup before going to bed. I am pumping away.. "Come on girls, 4 more" when I felt eyes...... I looked around which me being the oooooh so coordinated person I am, caused me to stumble. Now, the only light was from the TV, so the rest is in shadows and dark.. But I see this huge, towering shadow of a man in all black a few feet back in the dark pitch black hallway. Me being the oh so brave person I am about had heart failure.....With my adrenaline pumping, my mind still sleeping, and my legs still going automatically to the "come on a little faster", I let out some out of breath screech. He didn't move. By the time my mind,eyes and heart adjusted to the dark and knowledge my spy was my husband I could have hurt him! With my ab belt still around my waist, the arm bands now dangling behind me, I walk as collective as I can past him, like I hadn't just made the BIGGEST fool out of myself, saying "Oh, what are you doing? You ready to leave already?" In his oh so charm, he said "Ahh, I was watching you." I choose to ignore his look of confusion as he tried to figure out WHAT exactly he had just witnessed. Mr jokester was speechless.
You know, I have been really happy to have his encouragement. Him noticing. His lack of comment on the morning scariness, and instead his teasing little appreciation comments post shower. But after this morning, I think my big spy will flip on warning lights so he doesn't have to see that sight again if he hears LS on the upstairs TV! Poor tough guy. He sure is cute when he has that stunned half fearful look on his face.
Guess I should feel bad for scaring him on his Birthday............... NAH :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading your blog is like watching I Love Lucy. There's always amazingly well done physical comedy!

Happy birthday to your husband!!

Monday, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home