Friday, March 03, 2006

I look like I have fleas!

Well, I went to the doctor... She looked at it, & checked me over for any "hidden" spots, like I wouldn't notice them! I sat, miserable and itching. The words I didn't want to hear... "I don't know what it is." I was not shocked, disappointed that she didn't give me some long foreign name that I couldn't pronounce and a prescription with a guarantee that within 1 day it would no longer itch and go away for good. Instead, she said "well it couldn't be .......... And hmmmm... Never seen anything like this..... hmmmmm........Well whatever it is it is rare " I sat with shoulders slumped and itched.
Remember me saying before... "If something strange is happening... Usually you will find me and my family right in the middle of it?" So it strikes again.
They gave me some medicine (ointment) to put on it 2 times a day and wait a week. If it is not better she said to call and I would go see someone else. I put it on.. Fearfully this morning, waiting for the fire ants to return.. Thankfully they didn't. 2 hours later I am still itching. I try not to, but nearly go insane until I do. Last night Sim said I am worse than a dog. Giving him the "warning look" that he ignores I scratched some more.
This morning I woke up then decided to sleep in.. I am getting my nieces this weekend so figure I will need the sleep! I feel tons better.. My stupid nagging headache I have had for a week is mostly gone. So I didn't workout this morning!! First time in 8 weeks that I didn't workout during the weekdays! I guess I am just fearful that I will go back into the habit of sleeping in, that freaks me a little.
I know-- I am weird. :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corina,

You don't know me from Adam's off ox, but I followed a link from Holymama's blog to yours. My name is Diane, I am from Bay, Arkansas.

The reason I am commenting is that I may know what your mysterious itchy rash is. Have you ever heard of 5th Disease? It is a usually harmless, usually childhood disease, but anyone can get it at any age. Most of the time you never even know when you have it. It is generally accompanied by mild cold or flu-like symptoms and a mild rash. You may be one of the unlucky few who have the more severe reactions. It is called 5th disease because it is listed with Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox and Whooping Cough as the 5th most common childhood disease. It usually just makes you feel yucky for several days if you have a more intense case. Otherwise, as I said, you may never even know you have it. Most people develop immunity after having it once, and never have it again.

I am no doctor, but I have seen this before, and that may be what it is. I had never heard of the disease till one of the nieces had a particularly bad rash, and was diagnosed with it. Most of the time it goes away in a few days with no treatment needed.

Either way, hopefully you will get relief soon, and be restored to health. I will be praying for you. I am a Bapti-Cost....I am Southern Baptist, and my husband is Pentecost....lol. I have really enjoyed reading your blog, keep up the good work. If you are interested, I have a blog on blogspot. The address is: http://lenadianejennings.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps... :)

In Jesus' Name,

Diane

Friday, March 03, 2006  
Blogger GiBee said...

Yikes! I was hoping you'd get diagnosed so I wouldn't have to go to the doctor. Guess that's not gonna happen, huh?

Well, stranger things have happened than a rash, so I'm off to count my blessings.

Feel better!

Friday, March 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, you have an Unknown Rash and you're going to keep nieces. YOU DESERVE TO SLEEP IN. No guilt. No more.

Put socks on your hands if you have to, and tell Sim to not tease you about it.

Friday, March 03, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Well, if it's not 5th disease, I'm putting my money on an allergic reaction.

We aren't born allergic to stuff; we develop allergies as we go. You could be allergic to a food or chemical that you've been accustomed to having eaten/used for years.

If it's not an allergy-type rash, hard to say from the photo...Hmmm...

It was sudden, right?I wonder why she didn't give you a Benadryl shot. Wouldn't hurt you to take some at bedtime. And maybe Sudafed during the day. The antihistemic effects could help.

I just feel awful for you. Trying to be a bit of help.

Friday, March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home