Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday...


Thirteen Things about Corina


1…. This is my first time doing this...Soo I hope I am doing it right~ why am I nervous?!
2…. I am a mom to 2 boys whom I birthed, 3 step children~ 2 boys I didn't and 1 girl I didn't get the pleasure of raising as a little girl. :-(
3…. I also have a handful of teens & older kids who call me mom and confuses everyone whenever we go anywhere. Strangers usually have that "dang you look too young to have a 23 yr old daughter"... Ah yeah-- that would have made me like ......... 10!! ~ My teens get a kick out of it though.
4…. I have a mission to Grow in Christ. to really dig into His Will for my life and be submissive to whatever He directs.
5…. I adore my husband, wanna smack him sometimes, but truly know that he is my other half.~~ And no my hubby doesn't read these blogs. He thinks its all girlie stuff we talk about. :-)
6…. I get waaaay nervous when speaking in public. First time I preached (this time last year)I about had a anxiety/ashma attack.... I had to hide up in the balcony on my knees and cried out to the Lord to breath for me. I had horrible visions of passing out. He answered. I have no clue what was said, but God took over and 54 out of 76 women gave their lives to the Lord.
7…. I have a thing for weird pens... I right now have a pink pen with fuzzy hair all over it and a bobble head girl ontop.(my hubby said it reminded him of me??). I also have a little bag in my bible bag that has a million (or so) different pens, highlighters, and mini markers. I get excited when I see a new freaky looking one and buy them for all my girls in youth group too..I am probably known as the pen lady... :-(
8…. I also have a thing for tinkerbell....... My hubby just shrugs when I come home with tinkerbell bags that I use for a bible bag, pens, socks,pj's.. you name it.
9…. It bothers me hearing "are you ready for Christ's return?" and everyone saying "YES".... I am ready for me personally... but I know waaaaaaay too many people who won't go with me that we need to reach. So No, I am not ready for Christ to come back.. Sorry but I pray for more time to minister to those who are lost.
10…. I have addiction to books on tape. I love the Yada-Yada series, the Sisterchicks, basically ANY Christian book on CD... I can't wait to drive home.. and listen to these. Right now I am in a basically boring book on tape, but can't help myself, I still listen to it... Looking for BOTA meetings.....
11…. I sometimes get Prince songs stuck in my head... scary huh?
12…. I have one blogger friend who has been known to "tell me how it is." Guess who?:-)
13…. Hmmmmm...I have two blogs.. One that is goofy-- Your reading it (Oh, by the way this is my second post today.... I forgot I wanted to do thirteen thing...)and one that is a little more serious.. The link on the side is Women of Living Water.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 Comments:

Blogger GiBee said...

Do you wear a Raspberry Berette (sp?) too?

I am sooo with you on number 4 -- it's the being submissive thing I struggle with, because,well, I'll just confess ... I'm a type-A, super control freak person. Gotta work on that, 'cause I know I'm missing out on a ton of blessings!

And #5? Well, I think we must be married to brothers. Nuff said.

Great list! Would never have known it's your first. Thanks for sharing!

Thursday, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Heather Smith said...

Welcome to the 13 Corina! I just started these last week, but you read my blog, so you know that!! Check out my 13 if you haven't already, and I'll link you!

Thursday, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

Corina, do you have an iPod? You can d/l all kinds of great podcast sermons into your iPod and they're super to listen to like you would a book on tape.


And do you live near a Cracker Barrel? You can rent books on CD from Cracker Barrel for $3/week each. That's pretty good. I do it from time to time. I'll put them in my iPod, then just erase them when I'm done. I figure I only rented them, not purchased, so I delete just to be fair.

Thursday, March 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one was SHOCKED to see that young picture of you. All the kid references threw me, and I thought you were going to get a picture from a daughter... is that right? Of course that wasn't the only surprise, but I won't bug you about that again. For now.

I adore your heart and your drive to minister to the lost.

Thursday, March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home