Monday, March 06, 2006

I survived!~barely

OK- First let me tell you..... I did not workout this morning..... well unless you count, running in and out of my house loading EVERY baby gadget you can imagine in the van. You know, they did not have all these neat little "compact" things when my babies were.. well babies. I had stroller that folded down into some accordion looking thing.. a play pin that looked like a bag for a tent, a rollie luggage "tinkerbell"~ which I fought the temptation to keep for my own.. a bag of toys(matching tinkerbell.... doesn’t she know that is my weakness!)... a floor matt with some mobile thing for the baby that zipped up into one flat carry thing.. a diaperbag that even had a cell phone holder!.. a billion and half bottles, diapers, wipes, xtra binkies, and all the stuffed animals... OMYGOSH-- I think I sweat less doing my aerobic exercise tapes!! By the time I dressed me, them and loaded the van, I was ready for a nap! ~~~~ So with the above said... I have a renewed found respect for all you mothers who are juggling, children, spouses, housework, SLEEP, sanity, and your faith!! Funny... I remember once reading from one of your comments something about "thinking, wonder how many points Corina would say this is.." Well, this weekend I thought "Omygosh, how does Holymama do this and stay so funny, uplifting, full of faith and have a thought of her own?" Soooooo... this morning, I goofed around and made this....Why?? Because she deserves it!

While I was making it up, I thought.. hey I should really do this every month.. This month it is Holymama Appreciation Month.. & in April see who God leads me to give out a big thank you for being a Godly example of a woman! There are so many of you I read everyday... I laugh & pray for. Check out the Amazing Christian Woman Link on the side.. everyonce and a while!
Enough of the moochy stuff.. I gotta tell you some funny things that happen this weekend...
P~the 4 yr old.. man she is a HOOT! After church Sunday, we went out to eat.. she looked at our pastor.. who just came in from the wind.. and said "Look at the head on that!" He is a man of great humor.. and said "well, look at THAT head!" pointing back at her. P~ of course got that "favorite phrase" (much to her momma's horror)from none other than.......... her uncle Sim.
It really wasn't the girls that wore me out this weekend it was trying to breakup Sim and P~ all weekend! Those two can not be left alone for a minute without getting in trouble!! Squeals of laughter filled my house all weekend as the two got into as much mischief as possible!
Tonight my home will again be quiet.. I won't have that sweet little blue eyed baby to hold and love on- Colicy or not.. Nor will I have a 4yr old red head singing as loud as she can "Lifesong" from Casting Crowns... I look at them and am thankful.. thankful my children are grown up, yet I am sad... I sure did love it when they were that little......

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather Smith said...

I agree about Holymama! She deserves the award! You sound like I do about my niece and nephew! They are a handfull when they're at the house, but I sure do miss them when they're gone!

Monday, March 06, 2006  
Blogger Geekwif said...

Yay! I'm glad you did that for HolyMama. She deserves it!

Monday, March 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I've wanted to come say thank you all day and I couldn't due to technical difficulties!! Thank you thank you thank you!! But really, what you do every day sounds much harder than what I could imagine doing. You're up and working out faithfully HOW EARLY? and the public weigh ins at NIGHT, fully clothed? That is award winning, right there!

Monday, March 06, 2006  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I am always glad to see the little darlin's come to visit, and always glad to give them back!

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. I get such a rush from knowing someone enjoys my blog enough to not just visit once, but they ACTUALLY COME BACK!!!

BTW, what's up with the rash? Any new developments?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Carol said...

All that baby equipment is great birth control. It's the main reason I stopped after having two. I just couldn't bring myself to start lugging out strollers, high chairs and all the etc. again! Yeah, I know, they're worth it. Twice. After that, I caved under the weight of it all.

Go, HolyMama!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Heather Ivester said...

"I have a renewed found respect for all you mothers who are juggling, children, spouses, housework, SLEEP, sanity, and your faith!!"

I followed the link here from Holy Mama!'s site -- I agree. She never fails to make me laugh and feel encouraged. I like your site too. I'm one of the jugglers -- sometimes I drop a little here and there. But I keep on trying the next day!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home